Texas Is Loaded With Solar Energy Incentives!
San Antonio Solar Rebates
CPS Energy has allocated additional $15M in solar rebates starting April 19, 2017. The funds are allocated $9M for Residential and $6M for Commercial.
The rebate incentive is up to $0.70/AC Watt for systems that use locally manufactured components.
- $0.60/AC Watt base incentive
- $0.08/AC Watt premium for local modules
- $0.02/AC Watt premium for local inverters
The current rebate limits of $25,000 for residential projects and $80,000 for commercial remain in place. Rebates are also capped at 50% of project cost.
CPS Energy guidelines and rebate levels are subject to change without notice, and CPS Energy reserves the right to refuse any application/request for incentive payment that does not meet CPS Energy requirements.
Federal Tax Credit
There has never been a better time to go solar! The federal solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) reimburses 30% of your solar power installation cost. The tax credit includes costs associated with: panels and components, labor, and selected energy storage devices (batteries). The growth experienced by the solar industry is directly related to previous and current government incentives. The ITC has increased the number of business and residential solar installations by 1,600% in the U.S. since its inception nearly ten years ago.
Congress extended the ITC through 2021, with the credit decreasing over time. The full credit of 30% is available through December 31, 2019. In 2020 the ITC will begin decrease to 26% and by 2021 the ITC will be 22%. The time to act is now!
Solar Investment Tax Credit Eligibility Requirements
- Your system must be owned outright. The ITC is not available to those who are leasing their system or using a PPA.
- Your system must be installed in the United States and owned by a U.S. taxpayer.
- Solar panels must be brand new. Refurbished and second-hand panels are not covered under the ITC.
- The ITC cannot be applied to solar powered pool heaters.
- The ITC can be partially or fully claimed for up to 5 years after installation.